'Glee' 1.15 Preview: The Power of Madonna
"Glee" is officially dancing again on FOX and next week is the highly-anticipated Madonna-centric episode. Mr. Schuester is concerned that the girls in the glee club are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Looking to Madonna and her musical message of equality as inspiration, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment.
He hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways. The glee club takes the assignment to heart as they perform some of Madonna's greatest hits, including "Express Yourself" and "Like a Prayer." Meanwhile, Kurt and Mercedes give Sue a vote of confidence with a makeover that is definitely in "Vogue."
So loud is the buzz surrounding this April 20 episode that FOX decided to release a compilation of all the Madonna's song mash-ups. The album, titled "Glee:The Music, The Power of Madonna", is set for April 20 release in the U.S. but it's already on pre-sale on Amazon. Beside the mentioned songs above, there will be "Borderline", "Open Your Heart", "Like a Virgin", "4 Minutes", and "What It Feels Like for a Girl".
More Glee News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival