'Glee' 1.15 Preview: The Power of Madonna
"Glee" is officially dancing again on FOX and next week is the highly-anticipated Madonna-centric episode. Mr. Schuester is concerned that the girls in the glee club are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Looking to Madonna and her musical message of equality as inspiration, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment.
He hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways. The glee club takes the assignment to heart as they perform some of Madonna's greatest hits, including "Express Yourself" and "Like a Prayer." Meanwhile, Kurt and Mercedes give Sue a vote of confidence with a makeover that is definitely in "Vogue."
So loud is the buzz surrounding this April 20 episode that FOX decided to release a compilation of all the Madonna's song mash-ups. The album, titled "Glee:The Music, The Power of Madonna", is set for April 20 release in the U.S. but it's already on pre-sale on Amazon. Beside the mentioned songs above, there will be "Borderline", "Open Your Heart", "Like a Virgin", "4 Minutes", and "What It Feels Like for a Girl".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign