Lady GaGa to Fans: 'Don't Have Sex'
Someone influential in the pop culture wants her fans to stop having sex. While touring in England to help promoting MAC's Viva Glam, Lady GaGa said that she's celibate and would like to see more of her "little monsters" doing so in order to press down the number of people infected with HIV and AIDS.
"I can't believe I'm saying this - don't have sex," GaGa said as quoted by MTV. "I'm single right now and I've chosen to be single because I don't have the time to get to know anybody. So it's OK not to have sex, it's OK to get to know people. I'm celibate, celibacy's fine."
The bigger picture is to tell fans that being comfortable in their own skin is best. "It's OK to be whomever it is that you want to be," she said. "You don't have to have sex to feel good about yourself, and if you're not ready, don't do it. And if you are ready, there are free condoms given away at my concerts when you're leaving!"
She continued, "I remember the cool girls when I was growing up. Everyone started to have sex. But it's not really cool anymore to have sex all the time. It's cooler to be strong and independent."
Speaking of the deadly disease, GaGa elaborated the fact that women aged 17 to 24 and 38 to 56 are most likely infected with the virus due to free sex. "Part of the problem is that women in those groups are not getting tested," GaGa explained. "...This is a disease that affects everyone, not just the gay community, and right now it's mostly affecting women."
More Lady GaGa News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!