Conan O'Brien Moves to TBS, Teaser Released
Conan O'Brien's destination is found. Less than three months after he wrapped up his "Tonight Show" on NBC, the host announced that he's moving to basic cable instead of major network. O'Brien has struck a deal to have a talk show airing on TBS this November, two months after his contract with NBC not to appear in television expires.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in a statement. "My plan is working perfectly." He added on his Twitter, "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
Produced in Los Angeles, the talk show is yet to have a name but it's scheduled to be a one-hour show that starts at 11/10c. O'Brien's show will lead to "Lopez Tonight" which is now occupying the timeslot. "I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in. It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," George Lopez said in a statement released by TBS.
TBS has even released a short teaser of the anticipated show, using O'Brien's comedy tour poster.
More Conan O'Brien News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame