Conan O'Brien Moves to TBS, Teaser Released
Conan O'Brien's destination is found. Less than three months after he wrapped up his "Tonight Show" on NBC, the host announced that he's moving to basic cable instead of major network. O'Brien has struck a deal to have a talk show airing on TBS this November, two months after his contract with NBC not to appear in television expires.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in a statement. "My plan is working perfectly." He added on his Twitter, "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
Produced in Los Angeles, the talk show is yet to have a name but it's scheduled to be a one-hour show that starts at 11/10c. O'Brien's show will lead to "Lopez Tonight" which is now occupying the timeslot. "I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in. It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," George Lopez said in a statement released by TBS.
TBS has even released a short teaser of the anticipated show, using O'Brien's comedy tour poster.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked