Conan O'Brien Moves to TBS, Teaser Released
Conan O'Brien's destination is found. Less than three months after he wrapped up his "Tonight Show" on NBC, the host announced that he's moving to basic cable instead of major network. O'Brien has struck a deal to have a talk show airing on TBS this November, two months after his contract with NBC not to appear in television expires.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in a statement. "My plan is working perfectly." He added on his Twitter, "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
Produced in Los Angeles, the talk show is yet to have a name but it's scheduled to be a one-hour show that starts at 11/10c. O'Brien's show will lead to "Lopez Tonight" which is now occupying the timeslot. "I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in. It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," George Lopez said in a statement released by TBS.
TBS has even released a short teaser of the anticipated show, using O'Brien's comedy tour poster.
More Conan O'Brien News
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'