Conan O'Brien Moves to TBS, Teaser Released
Conan O'Brien's destination is found. Less than three months after he wrapped up his "Tonight Show" on NBC, the host announced that he's moving to basic cable instead of major network. O'Brien has struck a deal to have a talk show airing on TBS this November, two months after his contract with NBC not to appear in television expires.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in a statement. "My plan is working perfectly." He added on his Twitter, "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
Produced in Los Angeles, the talk show is yet to have a name but it's scheduled to be a one-hour show that starts at 11/10c. O'Brien's show will lead to "Lopez Tonight" which is now occupying the timeslot. "I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in. It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," George Lopez said in a statement released by TBS.
TBS has even released a short teaser of the anticipated show, using O'Brien's comedy tour poster.
More Conan O'Brien News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance