Video Premiere: Drake's 'Over'
Drake has debuted Anthony Mandler-directed music video in support of his new single "Over". He is sitting alone on the bed, rapping to the camera with time-lapsed highways projected across the walls and his face.
"It takes the song to another place," Drake told MTV about the clip. "It offers up a whole different look for the song. The song - to a lot of people - is ignorant, it's club. This video is what I was really thinking about. The song is like a bad dream - but it's not a bad dream, it's not a terrible dream. It's a little evil."
"The video really reflects that. It's a struggle between the purities of my past life and what this new life has to offer. Even in the video, you see me looking back and forth between the two and deciding. At the end of the video I don't necessarily make a decision, but when you get the album, you'll see what choice I make."
"Over" is the lead single from Drake's debut album "Thank Me Later" which is due for June 15 U.S. release.
Drake's "Over" music video
More Drake News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance