Sony Not Considering Logan Lerman to Be Spider-Man
Another report from the casting of untitled Spider-Man reboot has hit the web. Still surrounding the issue of who will tackle the title character, insiders at Sony Pictures have just told Deadline Hollywood that Logan Lerman is not getting the coveted role.
Insisting on the statement, the insiders are "100%" sure that the "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" star is not going to play the superhero. In fact, the insiders claim, the studio never seriously considered Lerman as the possible depicter of the alter ego of Peter Parker.
Statement from Sony's insiders are released shortly after HitFix reported that Lerman was the first choice and the frontrunner to take over the role from Tobey Maguire in the upcoming reboot. A source close to the production told the site that the 18-year-old was "almost 100% locked" but had not been in contract negotiations for the role yet.
Back in February, Lerman stated he was interested to play Spider-Man but noted that his involvement in the upcoming film was still premature, saying "It's just, you know, conversations are starting. It's a long process with the studio and the producers and everything." However, Columbia Pictures denied that there were talks with the actor, saying "No offers have been made, nor have any business discussions been made with Lerman."
"Spider-Man" reboot, which is going to be made into 3-D movie, will center its story on Peter Parker during his high school age. "500 Days of Summer" director Marc Webb has been tapped to serve behind the lens with the script provided by James Vanderbilt. Shooting is scheduled to begin in late this year for July 3, 2012 U.S. release.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal