Artist of the Week: Jason Castro
Jason Castro is gearing up to release his eponymous debut album "Jason Castro" across the United States on April 13. Of the upcoming release, the "American Idol" alum exclusively told AceShowbiz that he wants this album to be "music for life."
He also promised "some evolution" of him in the effort. "I think fans can definitely expect a continuation of the sound they heard on 'Idol'. I've been calling it a 'modern singer-songwriter' album meaning it's all led by the acoustic guitar and it revolves around the songs," he shared.
In writing songs for the album, Jason said his wife Mandy Mayhall is his big inspiration. He revealed one of the tracks he dedicated to her, "A lot of my songs on this album where written from memories but 'It Matters to Me' is one I wrote out of the exact experience I was having at the time. I had been gone for a good while and I was going to be seeing her in a few days and this is what I had to say..."
In celebrating the album release, he invites his fans to attend his concert on April 17 at The Loft in Dallas, Texas. After the Dallas gig, he will stay on the road for a series of live shows until May 16. In this traveling show, he will take his brother Michael and band Camera Can't Lie as his supporting acts.
More info regarding Jason's upcoming shows can be found on his official website.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'