Artist of the Week: Jason Castro
Jason Castro is gearing up to release his eponymous debut album "Jason Castro" across the United States on April 13. Of the upcoming release, the "American Idol" alum exclusively told AceShowbiz that he wants this album to be "music for life."
He also promised "some evolution" of him in the effort. "I think fans can definitely expect a continuation of the sound they heard on 'Idol'. I've been calling it a 'modern singer-songwriter' album meaning it's all led by the acoustic guitar and it revolves around the songs," he shared.
In writing songs for the album, Jason said his wife Mandy Mayhall is his big inspiration. He revealed one of the tracks he dedicated to her, "A lot of my songs on this album where written from memories but 'It Matters to Me' is one I wrote out of the exact experience I was having at the time. I had been gone for a good while and I was going to be seeing her in a few days and this is what I had to say..."
In celebrating the album release, he invites his fans to attend his concert on April 17 at The Loft in Dallas, Texas. After the Dallas gig, he will stay on the road for a series of live shows until May 16. In this traveling show, he will take his brother Michael and band Camera Can't Lie as his supporting acts.
More info regarding Jason's upcoming shows can be found on his official website.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival