'Date Night' and 'Clash of the Titans' Racing to Win at Box Office
The latest North American Box Office is seeing a tight competition between two movies to get the champion title. Based on studio estimates released on Sunday, April 11, "Date Night" is temporarily sitting at the first place with only about $225,000 higher than "Clash of the Titans".
The Tina Fey and Steve Carell-starring comedy rakes in an estimated $27,1 million on its debut weekend. Meanwhile, the Louis Leterrier-directed film which topped the chart last week grosses an approximately $26,9 million, dropping 56.1% from last week tally. However, the result could change when the true numbers come out in Monday afternoon.
Regardless the final result, the "Clash of the Titans" has named itself a winner overseas. The 3-D epic film has drawn $54 million from 7,000 screens in 31 markets on its second weekend. Globally, the Sam Worthington-starring action drama has pulled in $229.7 million to date.
Back to domestic Box Office, "How to Train Your Dragon" manages to maintain the second runner-up position with only dropping 12.6% in ticket sales. The DreamWorks' animation has added an estimated $25.4 million, making it a total $133.9 million revenue so far.
Meanwhile, "Why Did I Get Married Too?" which got good review when it was debuted last week fails to score higher at the chart. Instead, the Tyler Perry's drama comedy loses two spots and currently nabs the fourth place with an estimated $11 million. It is followed closely by "The Last Song" with an approximately $10 million revenue.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for April 9-11:
- "Date Night" - $27.1 million
- "Clash of the Titans" - $26.9 million
- "How to Train Your Dragon" - $25.4 million
- "Why Did I Get Married Too?" - $11 million
- "The Last Song" - $10 million
- "Alice in Wonderland" - $5.6 million
- "Hot Tub Time Machine" - $5.4 million
- "The Bounty Hunter" - $4.3 million
- "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - $4.1 million
- "Letters to God" - $1.2 million
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'