Drake on Excluding Young Money Labelmates From His Tour
Drake explained why he doesn't include any Young Money artists in his Away From Home Tour. In an interview with MTV, the Canadian rapper admitted he feels uncomfortable when it comes to asking his labelmates to fill in the opening slot, so he decided to shun them.
"Everybody is working on their albums and stuff like that," he explained. "I love what a lot of people in Young Money have going on right now. But at the same time, I did say to myself I didn't want other rappers on this tour opening up."
"I didn't want to stick anybody in my opening slot," he elaborated. "Nicki Minaj is a superstar, so to ask her to be on [the tour], unless we split the tour and both had equal time ... Gudda, same thing. Gudda has his own things going on. They're my friends, my family, I just don't feel comfortable being like, 'You wanna come open for me?' It's a weird thing. But I love 'em all. They're all doing great things."
Drake has started the eco-friendly tour on April 5 at Slippery Rock University and will not conclude it until May 8 with the last stop taking place in Plymouth. K-OS and Francis & The Lights are billed as his supporting acts.
More Drake News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?