Drake on Excluding Young Money Labelmates From His Tour
Drake explained why he doesn't include any Young Money artists in his Away From Home Tour. In an interview with MTV, the Canadian rapper admitted he feels uncomfortable when it comes to asking his labelmates to fill in the opening slot, so he decided to shun them.
"Everybody is working on their albums and stuff like that," he explained. "I love what a lot of people in Young Money have going on right now. But at the same time, I did say to myself I didn't want other rappers on this tour opening up."
"I didn't want to stick anybody in my opening slot," he elaborated. "Nicki Minaj is a superstar, so to ask her to be on [the tour], unless we split the tour and both had equal time ... Gudda, same thing. Gudda has his own things going on. They're my friends, my family, I just don't feel comfortable being like, 'You wanna come open for me?' It's a weird thing. But I love 'em all. They're all doing great things."
Drake has started the eco-friendly tour on April 5 at Slippery Rock University and will not conclude it until May 8 with the last stop taking place in Plymouth. K-OS and Francis & The Lights are billed as his supporting acts.
More Drake News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie