Drake on Excluding Young Money Labelmates From His Tour
Drake explained why he doesn't include any Young Money artists in his Away From Home Tour. In an interview with MTV, the Canadian rapper admitted he feels uncomfortable when it comes to asking his labelmates to fill in the opening slot, so he decided to shun them.
"Everybody is working on their albums and stuff like that," he explained. "I love what a lot of people in Young Money have going on right now. But at the same time, I did say to myself I didn't want other rappers on this tour opening up."
"I didn't want to stick anybody in my opening slot," he elaborated. "Nicki Minaj is a superstar, so to ask her to be on [the tour], unless we split the tour and both had equal time ... Gudda, same thing. Gudda has his own things going on. They're my friends, my family, I just don't feel comfortable being like, 'You wanna come open for me?' It's a weird thing. But I love 'em all. They're all doing great things."
Drake has started the eco-friendly tour on April 5 at Slippery Rock University and will not conclude it until May 8 with the last stop taking place in Plymouth. K-OS and Francis & The Lights are billed as his supporting acts.
More Drake News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes