30 Seconds to Mars' 'This Is War' Music Video Teased in Pictures
30 Seconds to Mars are the United States soldiers in the video shoot of their single "This Is War". In three pictures taken during the filming, the band are seen donning army combat uniform and body armor. They have M4 rifles in their hands and ride an armored Humvee.
In order to accurately capture the conflict in the war field, the band hire director Edouard Salier who has been in Iraq for several times. "The song is really about conflict, and the album ['This Is War'] really is about it too: the inevitability of conflict, the blessing of conflict and what we can all learn from it. We've certainly had our fair share of it," frontman Jared Leto told MTV. "So for the 'This Is War' video, we wanted to explore another side of it. So we decided to portray soldiers in conflict."
"The video made us realize that underneath the uniforms, these men and women out there in conflict are just like you and I. When we put them on, I looked at my brother, looked at [guitarist] Tomo [Milicevic], and they looked like soldiers," he continued. "You start to walk like a soldier, feel like a soldier, when you're wearing body armor and carrying a working M4 ... it's an impactful experience. It was definitely provocative for us. It made us think, and that's the point of the whole thing."
The music video is yet to have any premiere date.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?