30 Seconds to Mars' 'This Is War' Music Video Teased in Pictures
30 Seconds to Mars are the United States soldiers in the video shoot of their single "This Is War". In three pictures taken during the filming, the band are seen donning army combat uniform and body armor. They have M4 rifles in their hands and ride an armored Humvee.
In order to accurately capture the conflict in the war field, the band hire director Edouard Salier who has been in Iraq for several times. "The song is really about conflict, and the album ['This Is War'] really is about it too: the inevitability of conflict, the blessing of conflict and what we can all learn from it. We've certainly had our fair share of it," frontman Jared Leto told MTV. "So for the 'This Is War' video, we wanted to explore another side of it. So we decided to portray soldiers in conflict."
"The video made us realize that underneath the uniforms, these men and women out there in conflict are just like you and I. When we put them on, I looked at my brother, looked at [guitarist] Tomo [Milicevic], and they looked like soldiers," he continued. "You start to walk like a soldier, feel like a soldier, when you're wearing body armor and carrying a working M4 ... it's an impactful experience. It was definitely provocative for us. It made us think, and that's the point of the whole thing."
The music video is yet to have any premiere date.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville