Christina Aguilera to Perform on 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
It was just announced that Christina Aguilera will perform on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" next month. Her performance will be taped on May 7 in New York City and host Oprah Winfrey is inviting the singer's devotees to attend the taping.
The upcoming performance is part of promotional effort for Christina's next studio installment "Bionic" which is due for June 8 U.S. release. She will likely sing her brand new single "Not Myself Tonight" which becomes the most added song at both Top 40 and Rhythm radio this week.
Recently, Christina Aguilera wrote a letter to her fans. She stated, "Since the release of my last studio album, 'Back to Basics', I have become a mother, a wife, and most recently an actress. All of these new experiences have allowed me to face new challenges and explore different sides of myself I did not even know existed."
"I am a woman who wears many hats and carries many responsibilities. There are so many characteristics that define me, and this album was put together to represent all of those different parts of myself. The sound is not necessarily easy to define because I am not easy to define. I can be serious. I can be playful. Sexual. Loving. Tough. Hardworking. Honest."
She continued, "I was able to explore and create a fresh, sexy feel using both electronic and organic elements with subject matters ranging from playful to introspective. This allowed me to challenge myself by using my voice in ways I never had before. It also allowed me to push personal boundaries and explore what is possible for my future and me as an artist."
More Christina Aguilera News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video