Rihanna: I'm Dating Matt Kemp
No more playing coys for Rihanna when it comes to her relationship with Los Angeles Dodger Matt Kemp. After several times denying the romance rumors between her and Matt, the "Umbrella" hitmaker has now come clean that they are currently dating.
"Umm, he's my boyfriend," the 22-year-old singer told Ryan Seacrest on his KISS FM show, hours after making her appearance on "American Idol". She further added that she just wants to have a happy time in her current relationship, keeping in mind that she used to have a painful experience when she dated ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.
"It's new, and it's fun, and it's nothing too serious, you know. I don't want anything that's going to take up so much of my energy and time right now in a bad way," the "Russian Roulette" hitmaker stated. "I just want to have fun, and that's what it's about."
Rihanna and Matt Kemp, who first met after being introduced by friends in November 2009, sparked romance rumors after the pair was spotted having an intimate time during their vacation at a luxury resort in Cabo San Lucas on January 4, 2010. An onlooker revealed that they "couldn't keep their hands off of each other." The two were also seen "kissing while gazing out over the ocean."
Beside confirming her new love, Rihanna also told Ryan Seacrest about her other project as she has been asked by Katy Perry to plan a bachelorette party for her, before the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker weds Russell Brand.
"She put that on me last week and now I have to come up with something cool 'cos she's getting married in India," Rihanna explained. "So I'm like, 'OK and now what do I do to match that for a bachelorette party?' That's at the end of the year, so we've got some time to plan that."
More Rihanna News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer