Alicia Keys Heading to 'The House at Sugar Beach'
Alicia Keys is set to return to the big screen again. After her latest appearance in 2008 "The Secret Life of Bees", she reportedly has set her eyes on "The House at Sugar Beach". Moreover, trusted sources tell The Playlist that the musician/actress will serve as producer for the movie adaptation of the book with the same title.
Based on the NY Times journalist Helene Cooper's memoir, the book revolves around Cooper's privileged Liberian childhood, which was cut brutally short by a bloody 1980 coup. The movie will follow her family's escape and survival, and 23 years later, Cooper's return to her native country to find the foster sister that her family left behind.
Developed by Keys' production company Big Pita, Little Pita, the movie project is said still in an early stage with no writer or director attached on it. Beside the 29-year-old beauty, no star has been cast yet. Since Keys is still on tour until June, it is suggested that the film will not show any progress until at least the second half of 2010.
Alicia Keys, who is widely known as a singer, landed her first big screen role in 2007 "Smokin' Aces" after appearing in a number of TV series including "Charmed". She then starred in "The Nanny Diaries" as Lynette. Her role of June Boatwright in "The Secret Life of Bees" earned her a nomination at NAACP Image Awards.
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set