Alicia Keys Heading to 'The House at Sugar Beach'
Alicia Keys is set to return to the big screen again. After her latest appearance in 2008 "The Secret Life of Bees", she reportedly has set her eyes on "The House at Sugar Beach". Moreover, trusted sources tell The Playlist that the musician/actress will serve as producer for the movie adaptation of the book with the same title.
Based on the NY Times journalist Helene Cooper's memoir, the book revolves around Cooper's privileged Liberian childhood, which was cut brutally short by a bloody 1980 coup. The movie will follow her family's escape and survival, and 23 years later, Cooper's return to her native country to find the foster sister that her family left behind.
Developed by Keys' production company Big Pita, Little Pita, the movie project is said still in an early stage with no writer or director attached on it. Beside the 29-year-old beauty, no star has been cast yet. Since Keys is still on tour until June, it is suggested that the film will not show any progress until at least the second half of 2010.
Alicia Keys, who is widely known as a singer, landed her first big screen role in 2007 "Smokin' Aces" after appearing in a number of TV series including "Charmed". She then starred in "The Nanny Diaries" as Lynette. Her role of June Boatwright in "The Secret Life of Bees" earned her a nomination at NAACP Image Awards.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation