Keira Knightley Skips 'Captain America', Alice Eve Is Frontrunner
After finding the depicters of Captain America and his buddy Bucky Barnes, Marvel Studios is currently looking for the leading lady in "The First Avenger: Captain America". Latest news mentions that the studio has nailed down their options to two actresses, Alice Eve and Hayley Atwell, who are said joining screen-testing for the second time in London on Thursday, April 8.
Eve has been earlier mentioned on the short-list, but Atwell's name has just emerged per E! Online's report. Emily Blunt and Keira Knightley were previously also on the running but the "The Young Victoria" star has turned down the offer to be Peggy Carter, the love interest of the titular character, allegedly to take a part in upcoming "Batman 3". The "Pirates of the Caribbean" beauty reportedly has also skipped the Marvel's project but the reason has not been revealed yet.
Eve has just appeared in romantic comedy "She's Out of My League" and will be seen as Molly McCleish in upcoming "Sex and the City 2". Meanwhile, Atwell who had a role in 2009 miniseries "The Prisoner" will likely star opposite Chris Noth in a Broadway revival of the play "Born Yesterday".
"The First Avenger: Captain America" revolves around Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Chris Evans takes the lead role, joined by Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes. Hugo Weaving is said in talks to be villainous Red Skull in the superhero movie which is set for July 22, 2011 U.S. release.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed