'Dreamgirls' Helmer Close to Direct Two 'Breaking Dawn' Films
Summit Entertainment has allegedly made their decision about who will direct "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn". After approaching several A-list directors, the studio is said having negotiation with Bill Condon to lead the last two films, so Deadline Hollywood reported.
Previously, Sofia Coppola and Gus Van Sant were also circling the project. However, the "Lost in Translation" director dropped out after revealing that she only wanted to direct one instead of two "Breaking Dawn" films. As for the "Milk" helmer, it has not been known why he was out of the competition.
Moreover, Entertainment Weekly received information from sources that the parts of Bella's wedding, honeymoon, pregnancy, and the birth of her baby will all be told in the first movie. Meanwhile, the second part will focus on Bella's transformation into a vampire and Jacob's relationship with Renesmee Cullen.
Condon was supposed to start production for his "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" shortly, but it has been put on hold allegedly due to his involvement in "Breaking Dawn". The "Dreamgirls" helmer will likely return to the indie project after wrapping the latest "Twilight" films.
"Breaking Dawn" will follow mortal beauty Bella and her hundred-year-old vampire Edward after she made a decision between her intense passion for Edward and her profound connection to Jacob. The final two "Twilight" movies will be set in Vancouver, Canada and reportedly will be shot back-to-back, with Melissa Rosenberg writing the script.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance