Nicki Minaj Drops Rihanna's Tour to Complete Debut Album
Just two days after announced as one of Rihanna's opening acts for Last Girl on Earth Tour, Nicki Minaj pulled herself out of the gig. The female rapper decided to withdraw from the forthcoming concert series to focus on finishing her debut album.
On April 6, Nicki actually has hinted the departure on her Twitter, writing "*sighs* how...how do i say this...hope the barbz will understand...hate letting them down. *sighs again while in deep thought*." But, she didn't reveal what the bad news is until date 7.
"Barbz I'm sorry 2 say I will not be going out on RiRi's tour. I've decided 2 use that time 4 the completion of my album. Hope u understand," she shared. "Barbz, Thx 4 understanding. And Thanks to Rihanna 4 being a sweetheart and extending this great opportunity 2 me. Support the show! Luv, HB."
Rihanna's tour to promote her fourth studio album "Rated R" will be kicked off on July 2 at White River Amphitheatre in Seattle, WA and wrapped on August 25 at United Center in Chicago, IL. Ke$ha is billed to support her on the gig, while Nicki Minaj's replacement is yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist