'True Blood' Casts Its New Merlotte's Employee
In its late casting call, the execs behind "True Blood" were looking for an actress who could fill the role as a new waitress in Merlotte's. They have now found Lauren Bowles fit to tackle the character named Holly.
Bowles has enrolled in a lot of guest starring roles in series such as "Rita Rocks" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine". In the latter, she co-starred with half-sister Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She also had feature film appearances in "Dance Flick" and "The Heartbreak Kid".
Holly, as described in the casting call, is a thirtysomething (presumably single) mother of two. She applies for a job at Merlotte's and creeps Arlene out with her oddly prescient observations. In the books the series are based on, Holly is a major character who practices Wiccan and hooks up with Hoyt. This character will join mid season 3 and recur strongly throughout the season that she would probably be back in season 4 as a regular.
The new season of "True Blood" begins June 13. According to some spoilers that had floated around in the past few months, somebody will die and it's presumably [Spoiler Alert] Arlene.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics