'True Blood' Casts Its New Merlotte's Employee
In its late casting call, the execs behind "True Blood" were looking for an actress who could fill the role as a new waitress in Merlotte's. They have now found Lauren Bowles fit to tackle the character named Holly.
Bowles has enrolled in a lot of guest starring roles in series such as "Rita Rocks" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine". In the latter, she co-starred with half-sister Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She also had feature film appearances in "Dance Flick" and "The Heartbreak Kid".
Holly, as described in the casting call, is a thirtysomething (presumably single) mother of two. She applies for a job at Merlotte's and creeps Arlene out with her oddly prescient observations. In the books the series are based on, Holly is a major character who practices Wiccan and hooks up with Hoyt. This character will join mid season 3 and recur strongly throughout the season that she would probably be back in season 4 as a regular.
The new season of "True Blood" begins June 13. According to some spoilers that had floated around in the past few months, somebody will die and it's presumably [Spoiler Alert] Arlene.
More True Blood News
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie