Kanye West's New Album to Arrive in Summer
Kanye West reportedly will drop his next studio installment this summer. A source close to the project, which is tentatively titled "Good Ass Job", told Billboard that it will come out in the market in June.
Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
"I feel like Kanye's albums are always groundbreaking and I'm sure he's gonna do that with his next project," Big told Rap-Up. "It's great. It's hip-hop. I feel like Kanye always does a great job of reinventing himself and I want him to shock the world. People are going to love it."
Kanye West's new album is one of this year's highly-anticipated albums. His decision to stay away from the spotlight following his much-criticized stunt at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech, has made music fans even more curious with his new sounds. So far, there hasn't been any leaked material from the project.
Beside occupied with the making of his own effort, Kanye is also busy producing songs for other artists. He serves as one of the producers for Big Sean and Consequence's upcoming records.
More Kanye West News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary