Kanye West's New Album to Arrive in Summer
Kanye West reportedly will drop his next studio installment this summer. A source close to the project, which is tentatively titled "Good Ass Job", told Billboard that it will come out in the market in June.
Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
"I feel like Kanye's albums are always groundbreaking and I'm sure he's gonna do that with his next project," Big told Rap-Up. "It's great. It's hip-hop. I feel like Kanye always does a great job of reinventing himself and I want him to shock the world. People are going to love it."
Kanye West's new album is one of this year's highly-anticipated albums. His decision to stay away from the spotlight following his much-criticized stunt at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech, has made music fans even more curious with his new sounds. So far, there hasn't been any leaked material from the project.
Beside occupied with the making of his own effort, Kanye is also busy producing songs for other artists. He serves as one of the producers for Big Sean and Consequence's upcoming records.
More Kanye West News
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie