Kanye West's New Album to Arrive in Summer
Kanye West reportedly will drop his next studio installment this summer. A source close to the project, which is tentatively titled "Good Ass Job", told Billboard that it will come out in the market in June.
Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
"I feel like Kanye's albums are always groundbreaking and I'm sure he's gonna do that with his next project," Big told Rap-Up. "It's great. It's hip-hop. I feel like Kanye always does a great job of reinventing himself and I want him to shock the world. People are going to love it."
Kanye West's new album is one of this year's highly-anticipated albums. His decision to stay away from the spotlight following his much-criticized stunt at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech, has made music fans even more curious with his new sounds. So far, there hasn't been any leaked material from the project.
Beside occupied with the making of his own effort, Kanye is also busy producing songs for other artists. He serves as one of the producers for Big Sean and Consequence's upcoming records.
More Kanye West News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere