Keith Urban Is Special Honoree at 2010 ACM Awards
Keith Urban is announced as 2010 recipient of Jim Reeves International Award at the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. The country music crooner is handed with the special honor for his efforts in spreading country music internationally.
77-year-old Mel Tillis and late Marty Robbins are also given special award. They receive Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award for their early contributions to country music. Poet's Award, an honor presented to songwriters, is handed to Don Schlitz and late Cindy Walker.
Another special award is given to Scott Cooper-directed movie "Crazy Heart". The film, starring Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Colin Farrell among other, earns Tex Ritter Award because it features country music.
2010 ACM Awards will take place on April 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins are booked to sing at the gig. Host Reba McEntire will also take the stage for a live performance.
This year, the nomination list of Academy of Country Music Awards is dominated by Lady Antebellum. The band grab seven nods, including Top Vocal Group of the Year and Album of the Year. Other artists who opt to receive multiple nominations include Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Zac Brown Band and Brad Paisley.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group