December 02, 2016  
Home > News > TV

ABC Responds to Nicollette Sheridan's Lawsuit

April 6, 2010 (8:32 am) GMT
The network believes there was a similar claim that the actress made in 2009 but it was without its basis.

ABC has spoken about the lawsuit filed by against the network and "" creator Marc Cherry. In its statement to ET, the Alphabet said they have not seen the actual complaint but have recalled similar claims made by the actress last year.

Sheridan said in the lawsuit that Cherry was "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner" while on the set of the series. She pointed out one incident in 2008 where Cherry pulled her aside and struck her in the head as well as the face after she questioned something about the script. When Sheridan decided to report it to ABC execs, they did nothing significant to address the situation and Cherry later wrote off her character.

In its responding statement ABC said, "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

Nicollette Sheridan who is seeking $20 million in compensation, is suing for wrongful termination, and assault and battery, among others. Marc Cherry still remains mum about the case.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Ciara Hits Recording Studio
  2. Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
  3. Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
  4. Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
  5. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
  6. John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
  7. Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
  8. Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie