Megan Fox NOT Offered to Play Red Sonja
Latest rumor on "Red Sonja" casting has given hope on seeing Megan Fox as a warrior. But before the excitement grows further, her personal publicist has turned the situation by dismissing the possibility. To Moviefone, the publicist simply said the news is "not true."
Report that Fox has been offered a chance to play Red Sonja was first suggested by Pajiba. The site received information from an insider, The Hollywood Cog, who claimed Rose McGowan has been out of the project and filmmakers hoped Fox to fill the vacant position.
Additionally, the site said Fox will be appropriate to portray the "She-Devil with a Sword" character because the remake film will be about the origins of an innocent teenager who metamorphosizes into an unparalleled warrior.
Back in late 2009, McGowan herself has explained that the shooting for "Red Sonja", which was planned for 2010 release, was put on delay because she was seriously injured during a stunt for "Grindhouse". However, she noted that she is still very much involved in the project, tweeting "I pulled out of doing it in '09. Not permanently.Hopefully will follow 'Conan'."
Though Megan Fox will likely not slip into a female warrior costume, she can next be seen starring in "Jonah Hex." which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 18. The 23-year-old beauty is additionally set to reprise her role as Mikaela Banes in "Transformers 3" which is expected to start shooting this month.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'