First Look at Sookie's New Love Interest on 'True Blood'
How werewolf Alcide from Charlaine Harris' novels looks like in flesh and blood has been teased in a new still released for "True Blood" season 3 promo. Joe Manganiello plays the character who shares a mutual interest with the series' heroine, Sookie.
"There is definitely some [sexual] energy between the two of them," said executive producer Alan Ball to EW. "It's not like either one of them is looking for romance, but they're thrown into several intense situations [and] it's hard not to bond on a deeper level."
In the novel, Eric summons Alcide to assist Sookie in finding Bill who has been kidnapped by [Spoiler Alert] his maker. Although the two are attracted to each other, Alcide is emotionally attached to his ex-girlfriend Debbie Pelt, played by Brit Morgan. Alicide has a protective older sister (guest star Dawn Olivieri) who is described as "a tough-as-nails biker chick" who is "into horoscopes and psychics".
Ball said Manganiello is the perfect choice for the role which is bound to be shirtless. "The first shirtless scene [Joe] had I was like, 'Who has those abs?' He's in crazy peak physical condition," Ball said. "He's eating nothing but pure protein. And of course, this being 'True Blood', he's already shot his first naked scene. Hello, werewolves when they shift - no clothes!"
"True Blood" begins the third season on June 12. Another "Waiting Sucks" was released on Sunday, April 4, focusing on Tara who is attacked by vampire Franklin Mott (guest star James Frain).
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism