Marvel's 'Runaways' Moving Forward With Two Helmers in Negotiations
While people have put a lot of their attention to "The First Avenger: Captain America", Marvel Studios apparently is also preparing for another movie "Runaways". First developed in 2008, the movie adaptation of Marvel comic book series of the same title is currently looking for its director.
Deadline Hollywood has just reported that "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" helmer Peter Sollett is currently in negotiations with the studio to lead the upcoming project. Moreover, The Playlist also got a scoop that Joss Whedon, who lately has been linked to "The Avengers", is also on the run to direct "Runaways".
"Runaways" focuses on a group of teenagers who find that some family secrets are bigger than others when they discover their parents are actually super-villains. Running away from their homes, the teens band together and begin a journey of discovery, both of their parents' origins and of their own inherited powers, while trying to make up for the evil done by their folks.
Brian K. Vaughan, who created the comic series alongside Adrian Alphona, is tapped to pen the script for the film. This action adventure movie, which is tentatively aimed for 2011 release, will be distributed under Marvel's pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures.
More Runaways News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs