Marvel's 'Runaways' Moving Forward With Two Helmers in Negotiations
While people have put a lot of their attention to "The First Avenger: Captain America", Marvel Studios apparently is also preparing for another movie "Runaways". First developed in 2008, the movie adaptation of Marvel comic book series of the same title is currently looking for its director.
Deadline Hollywood has just reported that "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" helmer Peter Sollett is currently in negotiations with the studio to lead the upcoming project. Moreover, The Playlist also got a scoop that Joss Whedon, who lately has been linked to "The Avengers", is also on the run to direct "Runaways".
"Runaways" focuses on a group of teenagers who find that some family secrets are bigger than others when they discover their parents are actually super-villains. Running away from their homes, the teens band together and begin a journey of discovery, both of their parents' origins and of their own inherited powers, while trying to make up for the evil done by their folks.
Brian K. Vaughan, who created the comic series alongside Adrian Alphona, is tapped to pen the script for the film. This action adventure movie, which is tentatively aimed for 2011 release, will be distributed under Marvel's pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia