'DWTS' Week 3: Evan Lysacek Triumphs Over Nicole Scherzinger
"Dancing with the Stars" began the third week on season 10 with ten couples dancing either Quickstep, Paso Doble or Waltz. A storyline was slipped in each dance. Surprisingly, Nicole Scherzinger and her partner Derek Hough who earned 10s last week, were not the highest scorer this time. Olympic medalist Evan Lysacek and his partner Anna Trebunskaya were.
Evan, who suffered from two broken toes during rehearsal, delivered a splendid Quickstep performance for the judges. He and Anna played husband and wife who were upset with one another because they were running late. They used the music from "Chicago" and made it theaterical. Len Goodman said it cheered him up while Bruno Tonioli warned Evan to watch his feet and posture. Carrie Ann Inaba said it was "fantastic". The score was 9-8-9, a total of 26/30.
Meanwhile, Nicole who closed the show with Quickstep as well did not please the judges because the dance was barely in category. They were dressed as sailors and broke hold halfway through. Bruno said the performance was incredible but agreed with Len that it was not a Quickstep. Bruno gave them 9, Len gave 6 while Carrie gave 8, a total of 23/30. This result was somehow expected by the couple. "We're taking it old school. We're going back to the basics of, like, sheer entertainment and being performers, kind of like slapstick comedy," Nicole shared to MTV before the dance. "And [we're] just having a good time. I don't know if the judges are gonna necessarily like it so much. We'll see."
The least score was still held by Buzz Aldrin who got 13 out of 30 for his Waltz. Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower earned 21/30 for being an archaeologist discovering Cleopatra in the Quickstep. Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel played interracial couple in the 1960s with the Waltz and earned 21/30. Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke did Paso Doble in the story where he tried to woo her but she kept rebuffing. They got 20 out of 30.
Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood also danced the Paso. Pamela was a gypsy who was vying for Damian the matador's love. They got 21 out of 30. Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska played a painter who painted the woman of his dream and she came to life. The Quickstep earned them 20/30. Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy danced the Waltz and she was blindfolded. The score was 23 out of 30. Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani danced Paso to Lady GaGa's "Paparazzi" and interpreted it to the story. They got 15/30.
Next week, the judges will each issue two scores, one for performance and one for technique.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?