Zoe Saldana Wants More Spock-Uhura in 'Star Trek' Sequel, Expects Shooting in 2011
With so many buzz regarding the start date for second "Star Trek" film, Zoe Saldana has spoken up to give an update about the film. Met by MTV at 2010 WonderCon where she attended a panel for her upcoming release "The Losers", the actress has affirmed speculation that the production for the untitled Star Trek sequel will be kicked off as early as 2011, before second "Avatar" movie starts filming.
"I think 'Star Trek'. Because that one's already going into pre-production soon...," she said when asked which one from "Star Trek" sequel and "Avatar" sequel that will be happening first. "From what I hear, unless J.J. [Abrams], who's always full of surprises, is fooling us and just carrying us along."
"But I do think we are going into pre-production this Fall, to start shooting early next year," Saldana further gave an insight into "Star Trek" sequel start date. "And I have a feeling that 'Avatar' is going to happen right after."
Admitting that she is so excited to reprise her roles in both movies, Saldana, told MTV, "I am so happy that I am going to play Uhura again and that I am going to playing Neytiri is wonderful, because I have not been able to part with them."
In another interview, the depicter of Uhura in the J.J. Abrams-directed movie has explained what she wants to see for her character in the "Star Trek" sequel. "I can only hope that in this next film there's more depth to the Spock [Zachary Quinto's character]-Uhura relationship. And maybe I'll get to kick some ass!" she said to io9.
"The untitled Star Trek sequel" is set for June 29, 2012 release with the original cast expected to return, but J.J. Abrams has not committed to take the directing duty once again. As for the "Avatar" sequel, it has been planned since before the first film hit theaters in December 2009. Despite director James Cameron's ideas for the second movie, nothing has been set in stone for the project.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories