Megan Fox Offered Red Sonja Role
"Red Sonja" could end up played by one of today's hottest stars, Megan Fox. Although Rose McGowan has previously confirmed that she is still attached to the project despite the production delay, new rumor has emerged, mentioning that the "Charmed" actress has dropped out of the project and the role has now been offered to the "Transformers" beauty.
In March, Robert Rodriguez claimed "Red Sonja" was still put on halt because the company which owns the movie had "financing problems". However, an insider, The Hollywood Cog, tells Pajiba the truth behind the delay is that the previous incarnation of the "Red Sonja" remake has been scrapped and McGowan has been out.
Moreover, it is said that director Douglas Aarniokoski has also left the project. However, the source insists "Red Sonja" is far from dead as Millineum Films is currently looking for a new writer. Fox has not been confirmed to take the lead role, but Pajiba claims the 23-year-old is far more appropriate to portray the "She-Devil with a Sword" character because the remake film will be about the origins of an innocent teenager who metamorphosizes into an unparalleled warrior.
Megan Fox is set to reprise her role as Mikaela Banes in "Transformers 3" which is expected to start shooting this month. She recently was reported to have turned down an offer to replace Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in upcoming "Tomb Raider 3" because she is afraid people will further talk about her likeness with the 34-year-old actress.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak