Erykah Badu Says 'Window Seat' Video Was Misunderstood
On the heels of controversy surrounding her "Window Seat" video, Erykah Badu appeared on "The Wanda Sykes Show" and said people have misinterpreted the clip. She denied accusation that she tries to insult the memory of John F. Kennedy by appearing naked near the spot where the 35th President of the United States was assassinated.
"My point was grossly misunderstood all over America. JFK is one of my heroes, one of the nation's heroes," she explained. "John F. Kennedy was a revolutionary; he was not afraid to butt heads with America, and I was not afraid to show America my butt-naked truth."
Wanda Sykes couldn't agree more with the latter part of the Grammy-winning singer's statement, saying she also "wasn't afraid to show her badus" in public. Later on, Wanda offered her own taped parody of the video, in which Wanda takes a tumble on a sidewalk while trying to take her clothes off the way Erykah does in "Window Seat" clip.
The singer thought the parody was hilarious. "You know what?" she stated during the April 3 episode of the talk show. "That's beautiful. In the traditional performance arts that's what it's all about - that's funny."
Erykah Badu has been charged with disorderly conduct and could face a $500 fine for showcasing public nudity during the "Window Seat" video shoot.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce