Erykah Badu Says 'Window Seat' Video Was Misunderstood
On the heels of controversy surrounding her "Window Seat" video, Erykah Badu appeared on "The Wanda Sykes Show" and said people have misinterpreted the clip. She denied accusation that she tries to insult the memory of John F. Kennedy by appearing naked near the spot where the 35th President of the United States was assassinated.
"My point was grossly misunderstood all over America. JFK is one of my heroes, one of the nation's heroes," she explained. "John F. Kennedy was a revolutionary; he was not afraid to butt heads with America, and I was not afraid to show America my butt-naked truth."
Wanda Sykes couldn't agree more with the latter part of the Grammy-winning singer's statement, saying she also "wasn't afraid to show her badus" in public. Later on, Wanda offered her own taped parody of the video, in which Wanda takes a tumble on a sidewalk while trying to take her clothes off the way Erykah does in "Window Seat" clip.
The singer thought the parody was hilarious. "You know what?" she stated during the April 3 episode of the talk show. "That's beautiful. In the traditional performance arts that's what it's all about - that's funny."
Erykah Badu has been charged with disorderly conduct and could face a $500 fine for showcasing public nudity during the "Window Seat" video shoot.
More Erykah Badu News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding