Video: Jonas Brothers Celebrating Easter With Free Concert
Jonas Brothers took the stage of Angel Stadium on April 4 as part of Saddleback Church's Easter Sunday service. Introduced by Reverend Rick Warren who opened the celebration with his sermon, the trio performed three songs; "Hold On", "A Little Bit Longer" and "Gotta Find You" at the end of the Sunday ceremony.
During "A Little Bit Longer" set, Nick Jonas shared to the audience his experience of being diagnosed with diabetes. "About four and a half years ago I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes," he said. "It happened quickly, but on my way to the hospital that night, I made a commitment to myself that I wouldn't let it slow me down. And I asked myself the question, 'Why me?' But I do believe there was a turning point when I realized, 'Why not me?'."
"Now I've been able to share my story and encourage other young people who are dealing with some of the same things. And I know we're all going through some hard things in our lives but it's how we persevere, how we get through those hard moments in our lives. I encourage you when those moments come to make that commitment I made and don't let it slow you down."
Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas and Nick came to the service with the whole Jonas clan; youngest brother Frankie Jonas, parents Denise and Kevin Sr. as well as Kevin Jr.'s wife Danielle Deleasa.
"A Little Bit Longer":
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease