Emily Blunt Does Not Want to Be Captain America's Girl
While many actors were competing to be Captain America, one woman has turned down a chance to be the superhero's girlfriend. Emily Blunt, who was said on the list of possible depicter of Steve Rogers' love interest in "The First Avenger: Captain America", has reportedly been offered the part but she opted to skip it.
Sources tells Los Angeles Times that Marvel was "heavily courting" Blunt to play Peggy Carter, but she might pass it because she is close to sign up for other projects. Therefore, the studio now has to decide between several names on the short list, including British actresses Keira Knightley and Alice Eve.
On related news, Marvel has officially released statement to confirm that Chris Evans will play the titular character in the upcoming movie. The film will be directed by Joe Johnston with a script penned by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and is slated for July 22, 2011 U.S. release.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America. Hugo Weaving is said in talks to be villainous Red Skull, but it has not been confirmed yet.
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon