'True Blood' Now Available on Comic Book
"True Blood" is now available on comic book. Creator of the series Alan Ball teams up with IDW Publishing to release a six-issue series of "sensually sizzling story of the lives and loves of vampires, mind readers, and all manner of creature".
"I am very excited to be introducing the 'True Blood' comic book series," Ball said in the press release. "These graphic novels are a great companion to the series and we are pleased that the popularity of the show is allowing it to branch out into different mediums."
The plot was developed with Ball, along with series writers Elisabeth Finch and Kate Barnow, and co-written by David Tischman and Mariah Huehner. The artist behind the comic which will be available both in print and digitally is David Messina. Renowned artist J. Scott Campbell will join Messina in providing covers for each issue.
The comic will be on sale starting July, about a month after the show's third season premieres. But fans can pre-order it exclusively at HBO.com which also provides the general synopsis. The first issue is 32 pages, full color, and priced at $3.99.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!