'True Blood' Now Available on Comic Book
"True Blood" is now available on comic book. Creator of the series Alan Ball teams up with IDW Publishing to release a six-issue series of "sensually sizzling story of the lives and loves of vampires, mind readers, and all manner of creature".
"I am very excited to be introducing the 'True Blood' comic book series," Ball said in the press release. "These graphic novels are a great companion to the series and we are pleased that the popularity of the show is allowing it to branch out into different mediums."
The plot was developed with Ball, along with series writers Elisabeth Finch and Kate Barnow, and co-written by David Tischman and Mariah Huehner. The artist behind the comic which will be available both in print and digitally is David Messina. Renowned artist J. Scott Campbell will join Messina in providing covers for each issue.
The comic will be on sale starting July, about a month after the show's third season premieres. But fans can pre-order it exclusively at HBO.com which also provides the general synopsis. The first issue is 32 pages, full color, and priced at $3.99.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding