'True Blood' Now Available on Comic Book
"True Blood" is now available on comic book. Creator of the series Alan Ball teams up with IDW Publishing to release a six-issue series of "sensually sizzling story of the lives and loves of vampires, mind readers, and all manner of creature".
"I am very excited to be introducing the 'True Blood' comic book series," Ball said in the press release. "These graphic novels are a great companion to the series and we are pleased that the popularity of the show is allowing it to branch out into different mediums."
The plot was developed with Ball, along with series writers Elisabeth Finch and Kate Barnow, and co-written by David Tischman and Mariah Huehner. The artist behind the comic which will be available both in print and digitally is David Messina. Renowned artist J. Scott Campbell will join Messina in providing covers for each issue.
The comic will be on sale starting July, about a month after the show's third season premieres. But fans can pre-order it exclusively at HBO.com which also provides the general synopsis. The first issue is 32 pages, full color, and priced at $3.99.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney