Rapper T-Pain to Release Christian Pop Album
T-Pain has peeled off a bit about his next studio album, saying that it will take a very different direction. The rapper announced in an interview with MySpace Music that his fifth studio album which will be released after "RevolveR" will be a Christian pop album.
"A lot of people don't know this about me," he said, "but I am a deeply spiritual person. Dude, I go to church just as much as I go to the strip club. That's saying something." The album is tentatively titled "Even Heaven Got a VIP" and will be released on September 9 under his Jive/Nappy Boy umbrella.
So different that the rapper is also going to ditch his signature Auto-Tune. "Once that guy from 'Saturday Night Live' started using it. I called on God. I was like, 'Lord, you have to help me, who is this dude!?'," he said referring to his viral hit "I'm on a Boat" with Andy Samberg.
He added, "I know this album might surprise people, but I am a sensitive guy. I don't sit just around and watch 'Scarface' and drink Henny all day. In fact, I just got through watching 'The Notebook'. You ever seen that movie? That shit is beautiful."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show