Rapper T-Pain to Release Christian Pop Album
T-Pain has peeled off a bit about his next studio album, saying that it will take a very different direction. The rapper announced in an interview with MySpace Music that his fifth studio album which will be released after "RevolveR" will be a Christian pop album.
"A lot of people don't know this about me," he said, "but I am a deeply spiritual person. Dude, I go to church just as much as I go to the strip club. That's saying something." The album is tentatively titled "Even Heaven Got a VIP" and will be released on September 9 under his Jive/Nappy Boy umbrella.
So different that the rapper is also going to ditch his signature Auto-Tune. "Once that guy from 'Saturday Night Live' started using it. I called on God. I was like, 'Lord, you have to help me, who is this dude!?'," he said referring to his viral hit "I'm on a Boat" with Andy Samberg.
He added, "I know this album might surprise people, but I am a sensitive guy. I don't sit just around and watch 'Scarface' and drink Henny all day. In fact, I just got through watching 'The Notebook'. You ever seen that movie? That shit is beautiful."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie