Rapper T-Pain to Release Christian Pop Album
T-Pain has peeled off a bit about his next studio album, saying that it will take a very different direction. The rapper announced in an interview with MySpace Music that his fifth studio album which will be released after "RevolveR" will be a Christian pop album.
"A lot of people don't know this about me," he said, "but I am a deeply spiritual person. Dude, I go to church just as much as I go to the strip club. That's saying something." The album is tentatively titled "Even Heaven Got a VIP" and will be released on September 9 under his Jive/Nappy Boy umbrella.
So different that the rapper is also going to ditch his signature Auto-Tune. "Once that guy from 'Saturday Night Live' started using it. I called on God. I was like, 'Lord, you have to help me, who is this dude!?'," he said referring to his viral hit "I'm on a Boat" with Andy Samberg.
He added, "I know this album might surprise people, but I am a sensitive guy. I don't sit just around and watch 'Scarface' and drink Henny all day. In fact, I just got through watching 'The Notebook'. You ever seen that movie? That shit is beautiful."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed