Rapper T-Pain to Release Christian Pop Album
T-Pain has peeled off a bit about his next studio album, saying that it will take a very different direction. The rapper announced in an interview with MySpace Music that his fifth studio album which will be released after "RevolveR" will be a Christian pop album.
"A lot of people don't know this about me," he said, "but I am a deeply spiritual person. Dude, I go to church just as much as I go to the strip club. That's saying something." The album is tentatively titled "Even Heaven Got a VIP" and will be released on September 9 under his Jive/Nappy Boy umbrella.
So different that the rapper is also going to ditch his signature Auto-Tune. "Once that guy from 'Saturday Night Live' started using it. I called on God. I was like, 'Lord, you have to help me, who is this dude!?'," he said referring to his viral hit "I'm on a Boat" with Andy Samberg.
He added, "I know this album might surprise people, but I am a sensitive guy. I don't sit just around and watch 'Scarface' and drink Henny all day. In fact, I just got through watching 'The Notebook'. You ever seen that movie? That shit is beautiful."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers