Keri Hilson Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem, Blamed Audio
Keri Hilson feels bad for forgetting the words to national anthem during Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Games on Wednesday, March 31 night. She tweeted, "LMAO bad sound can really distract U!! Well it happend 2 Aretha [Franklin] & the best of em!! EEK!!"
Keri stumbled on the verse of "Star Spangled Banner" and mumbled the words while thousands of people crowding the stadium chuckled. However, she managed to finish the song and received applaud for her effort. T.I., Monica, The-Dream and Young Jeezy were among the spectators inside the Philips Arena who witnessed Hawks defeating Lakers 109-92.
She later defended her negligence on Twitter, writing "YES I bloopered 1st time bt OF COURSE I know words 2 Anthem!! My in-ear pack goin in/out distractd me BIGTIME & almost sang 1st vs ovr. Front view would show me fidgetng w/ it whole time & at 'broad stripes & bright stars' I finally took ears out & tuckd in jacket lol!! & I'm not sad 1 bit!! I def gave April Fools smthn 2 talk about but hey, I'd rather kill it & stumble on 3 words than sound bad ;) hehe"
Keri will once again sing the National Anthem at Red Sox/Yankees game this Sunday, April 4.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set