Keri Hilson Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem, Blamed Audio
Keri Hilson feels bad for forgetting the words to national anthem during Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Games on Wednesday, March 31 night. She tweeted, "LMAO bad sound can really distract U!! Well it happend 2 Aretha [Franklin] & the best of em!! EEK!!"
Keri stumbled on the verse of "Star Spangled Banner" and mumbled the words while thousands of people crowding the stadium chuckled. However, she managed to finish the song and received applaud for her effort. T.I., Monica, The-Dream and Young Jeezy were among the spectators inside the Philips Arena who witnessed Hawks defeating Lakers 109-92.
She later defended her negligence on Twitter, writing "YES I bloopered 1st time bt OF COURSE I know words 2 Anthem!! My in-ear pack goin in/out distractd me BIGTIME & almost sang 1st vs ovr. Front view would show me fidgetng w/ it whole time & at 'broad stripes & bright stars' I finally took ears out & tuckd in jacket lol!! & I'm not sad 1 bit!! I def gave April Fools smthn 2 talk about but hey, I'd rather kill it & stumble on 3 words than sound bad ;) hehe"
Keri will once again sing the National Anthem at Red Sox/Yankees game this Sunday, April 4.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars