Keri Hilson Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem, Blamed Audio
Keri Hilson feels bad for forgetting the words to national anthem during Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Games on Wednesday, March 31 night. She tweeted, "LMAO bad sound can really distract U!! Well it happend 2 Aretha [Franklin] & the best of em!! EEK!!"
Keri stumbled on the verse of "Star Spangled Banner" and mumbled the words while thousands of people crowding the stadium chuckled. However, she managed to finish the song and received applaud for her effort. T.I., Monica, The-Dream and Young Jeezy were among the spectators inside the Philips Arena who witnessed Hawks defeating Lakers 109-92.
She later defended her negligence on Twitter, writing "YES I bloopered 1st time bt OF COURSE I know words 2 Anthem!! My in-ear pack goin in/out distractd me BIGTIME & almost sang 1st vs ovr. Front view would show me fidgetng w/ it whole time & at 'broad stripes & bright stars' I finally took ears out & tuckd in jacket lol!! & I'm not sad 1 bit!! I def gave April Fools smthn 2 talk about but hey, I'd rather kill it & stumble on 3 words than sound bad ;) hehe"
Keri will once again sing the National Anthem at Red Sox/Yankees game this Sunday, April 4.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'