Keri Hilson Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem, Blamed Audio
Keri Hilson feels bad for forgetting the words to national anthem during Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Games on Wednesday, March 31 night. She tweeted, "LMAO bad sound can really distract U!! Well it happend 2 Aretha [Franklin] & the best of em!! EEK!!"
Keri stumbled on the verse of "Star Spangled Banner" and mumbled the words while thousands of people crowding the stadium chuckled. However, she managed to finish the song and received applaud for her effort. T.I., Monica, The-Dream and Young Jeezy were among the spectators inside the Philips Arena who witnessed Hawks defeating Lakers 109-92.
She later defended her negligence on Twitter, writing "YES I bloopered 1st time bt OF COURSE I know words 2 Anthem!! My in-ear pack goin in/out distractd me BIGTIME & almost sang 1st vs ovr. Front view would show me fidgetng w/ it whole time & at 'broad stripes & bright stars' I finally took ears out & tuckd in jacket lol!! & I'm not sad 1 bit!! I def gave April Fools smthn 2 talk about but hey, I'd rather kill it & stumble on 3 words than sound bad ;) hehe"
Keri will once again sing the National Anthem at Red Sox/Yankees game this Sunday, April 4.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?