Kenneth Branagh Provides Updates on 'Thor' Production
Though shooting for "Thor" has been kicked off early this year, little information has been obtained from the set. Recently, Kenneth Branagh sat down with Los Angeles Times to explain the production process of the film.
"We're in New Mexico now where we have a contemporary Earth part of our story," he shared. "I guess we're two-thirds of the way through the story and at this stage of the game what's surprising and delighting me is the way the cast, the ensemble, has fused together."
Describing the atmosphere on the location, Branagh gushed, "It's kind of an interesting combination of very young and very experienced people and the double-up of that, it seems to me, is there is a lot of fire in the movie. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it doesn't try to be too solemn."
Branagh's description is kind of in contrary with recent rumor suggesting that Anthony Hopkins, who plays Thor's father, has caused tension on the set by showing his disapproval of Chris Hemsworth's acting skills. The 72-year-old was additionally reported criticizing the helmer.
Denying the news, Hopkins has released a statement, mentioning "I am having the time of my life making 'Thor' with Ken and Chris. They have made every day immensely fun and collaborative, and we're all puzzled that someone would fabricate a story suggesting otherwise. I'm proud to say that 'Thor' has been one of the great experiences of my career."
During the interview with Los Angeles Times, Branagh himself had nothing to say about the veteran actor but praise. The filmmaker called Hopkins "an extraordinary actor with his Celtic passion and incredible technique" and said "he has been a binding force for the film on the set and will do the same on the screen."
Beside Chris Hemsworth who tackles the lead role and Anthony Hopkins who plays Odin, there are Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Kat Dennings and many others on the cast ensemble of "Thor". The movie itself is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on May 6, 2011.
The story will follow Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. But he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
More Thor News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny