Rihanna Booked to Perform on 'American Idol'
Rihanna is paying "American Idol" a visit next week during the result show of Paul McCartney - John Lennon theme. According to EW, the Barbadian singer will sing "Te Amo" instead of "Rude Boy" which she performed at the recent Kids' Choice Awards. "Te Amo" thus may be the next U.S. single from her "Rated R" album.
On another "Idol" news, the celebrities who will participate in this year's "Idol Gives Back" have been announced. Carrie Underwood, the season 4 winner of "Idol," is returning to perform, along with Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox and Jeff Beck.
This time, "Idol Gives Back" is benefiting Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation. The extravaganza will air on Wednesday, April 21 where one contestant is supposed to be sent packing. However in 2007, "Idol" decided to skip elimination for the sake of the charity event.
More Rihanna News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle