Captain America Finds His Bucky in 'Gossip Girl' Star
Paramount Pictures has added another name on the cast ensemble for "The First Avenger: Captain America". After casting Chris Evans as the title character, the studio has now recruited Sebastian Stan to join the project, tackling the role of Bucky Barnes, so The Hollywood Reporter mentions.
Bucky is described as a character who was too young to join the Army but old enough to suit up and fight alongside Captain America, and whose fate at the hands of the Red Skull marked a major turning point for many comic readers. In the comic books, Bucky died in Captain America's final World War II adventure.
Before Paramount dropped their choice to Chris as the lead actor, Sebastian was reportedly also on the run for the coveted role. Though he lost to the "Push" actor, Sebastian's audition must have impressed filmmakers that he managed to get a place in the movie. Previously, similar thing happened with Tom Hiddleston who ends up playing Loki after auditioning for the title character in "Thor".
Shooting for "The First Avenger: Captain America" is expected to start this summer in Europe for a scheduled July 22, 2011 U.S. release. Joe Johnston is set to direct this action movie, which will highlight Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image.
Sebastian Stan made his breaktrough after playing Chase Collins in "The Covenant". He is additionally best known for his roles as Prince Jack Benjamin in TV drama "Kings" and as Carter Baizen in CW hit series "Gossip Girl". The 26-year-old hunk is currently shooting for "The Apparition" in which he stars as Ben and can soon be seen in "Hot Tub Time Machine" which will be unleashed in the U.S. on March 26.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed