Video Premiere: Green Day's 'Last of the American Girls'
As promised by the band, the full-length version of Green Day's "Last of the American Girls" video was debuted on April 1. The video is directed by Marc Webb, the same person who helmed the band's other videos such as "21 Guns" and "21st Century Breakdown".
Since the band's latest album is a concept effort, this music video is also featuring the story of Gloria who is played by actress Lisa Stelly. Put as the titular character, Gloria is portrayed as a bored girl doing routines before she found out pleasure in blowing things up. Gloria's boyfriend Christian who is seen in two previous "Breakdown" videos is not featured in this one.
"Last of the American Girls" is one of the tracks in Green Day's eighth studio project "21st Century Breakdown". The song was released as the fifth single to follow up to the title track of the album. Green Day have also been working on their next effort. "We did some demos in Berlin, some in Stockholm, some just outside of Glasgow and some in Amsterdam," Billie Joe Armstrong said in an interview with Kerrang! magazine.
Green Day's "Last of the American Girls" music video
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts