Video Premiere: Green Day's 'Last of the American Girls'
As promised by the band, the full-length version of Green Day's "Last of the American Girls" video was debuted on April 1. The video is directed by Marc Webb, the same person who helmed the band's other videos such as "21 Guns" and "21st Century Breakdown".
Since the band's latest album is a concept effort, this music video is also featuring the story of Gloria who is played by actress Lisa Stelly. Put as the titular character, Gloria is portrayed as a bored girl doing routines before she found out pleasure in blowing things up. Gloria's boyfriend Christian who is seen in two previous "Breakdown" videos is not featured in this one.
"Last of the American Girls" is one of the tracks in Green Day's eighth studio project "21st Century Breakdown". The song was released as the fifth single to follow up to the title track of the album. Green Day have also been working on their next effort. "We did some demos in Berlin, some in Stockholm, some just outside of Glasgow and some in Amsterdam," Billie Joe Armstrong said in an interview with Kerrang! magazine.
Green Day's "Last of the American Girls" music video
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56