Video: Anna Paquin Comes Out as Bisexual
There's a bunch of celebrities who are featured in the new "Give a Damn" PSA but one stands out for coming out. Anna Paquin, the star of HBO's "True Blood", shocks viewers and reportedly the organizers too, for saying she's a bisexual.
"I'm bisexual, and I give a damn," Paquin said in the PSA which aimed at promoting gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. "One hate crime is committed approximately every hour of every day in this country."
Paquin who never discussed her sexuality dated Kieran Culkin in 2007. She is now engaged to her "True Blood" co-star Stephen Moyer but has not announced a wedding date yet.
Beside Paquin, the particular "Give a Damn" video is also featuring openly gay celebs such as Elton John, Wanda Sykes and Clay Aiken. There would be other versions of the PSA that has Kim Kardashian, Cynthia Nixon and Mya among others.
These people come together in support of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund. "In my life I've crossed paths with many different people and I've seen firsthand what it means to be discriminated against," Lauper said. "As a straight person, I have a responsibility to stand up for gay and transgender people each and every day. We all have to get involved; we all have to give a damn."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics