Video: Anna Paquin Comes Out as Bisexual
There's a bunch of celebrities who are featured in the new "Give a Damn" PSA but one stands out for coming out. Anna Paquin, the star of HBO's "True Blood", shocks viewers and reportedly the organizers too, for saying she's a bisexual.
"I'm bisexual, and I give a damn," Paquin said in the PSA which aimed at promoting gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. "One hate crime is committed approximately every hour of every day in this country."
Paquin who never discussed her sexuality dated Kieran Culkin in 2007. She is now engaged to her "True Blood" co-star Stephen Moyer but has not announced a wedding date yet.
Beside Paquin, the particular "Give a Damn" video is also featuring openly gay celebs such as Elton John, Wanda Sykes and Clay Aiken. There would be other versions of the PSA that has Kim Kardashian, Cynthia Nixon and Mya among others.
These people come together in support of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund. "In my life I've crossed paths with many different people and I've seen firsthand what it means to be discriminated against," Lauper said. "As a straight person, I have a responsibility to stand up for gay and transgender people each and every day. We all have to get involved; we all have to give a damn."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked