Paul Greengrass In Talks to Helm James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage'
Paul Greengrass is ready to move on after parting ways with Universal Pictures for an untitled Bourne 4 project. The helmer is currently in talks with 20th Century Fox to direct "Fantastic Voyage", a remake of 1966 movie of the same title, in which James Cameron is attached to produce through his Lightstorm Entertainment, so The Hollywood Reporter mentions.
Beside Greengrass, many directors reportedly have eyed the job since the plan to make the movie was first conceived years ago. "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich and director of upcoming "War of the Gods" Tarsem Singh were among those who previously circled the project.
MarketSaw then adds that Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka are tapped to write the screenplay. Ivan Reitman, who will serve as producer for forthcoming "Ghostbusters 3", is also set to produce "Fantastic Voyage", which is now reportedly aimed for a 2011 release.
The original, made during the Cold War, focused on a scientist dying of a blood clot whose only chance for survival is letting his five scientist colleagues be miniaturized in a ship and injected into his bloodstream. It was helmed by Richard Fleischer.
As for Paul Greengrass, beside being known as the man behind two "Bourne" movies, "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum", he has also helmed "United 93". He recently worked on "Green Zone" starring Matt Damon which was released in March this year.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen