Paul Greengrass In Talks to Helm James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage'
Paul Greengrass is ready to move on after parting ways with Universal Pictures for an untitled Bourne 4 project. The helmer is currently in talks with 20th Century Fox to direct "Fantastic Voyage", a remake of 1966 movie of the same title, in which James Cameron is attached to produce through his Lightstorm Entertainment, so The Hollywood Reporter mentions.
Beside Greengrass, many directors reportedly have eyed the job since the plan to make the movie was first conceived years ago. "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich and director of upcoming "War of the Gods" Tarsem Singh were among those who previously circled the project.
MarketSaw then adds that Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka are tapped to write the screenplay. Ivan Reitman, who will serve as producer for forthcoming "Ghostbusters 3", is also set to produce "Fantastic Voyage", which is now reportedly aimed for a 2011 release.
The original, made during the Cold War, focused on a scientist dying of a blood clot whose only chance for survival is letting his five scientist colleagues be miniaturized in a ship and injected into his bloodstream. It was helmed by Richard Fleischer.
As for Paul Greengrass, beside being known as the man behind two "Bourne" movies, "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum", he has also helmed "United 93". He recently worked on "Green Zone" starring Matt Damon which was released in March this year.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger