Janelle Monae Goes to 'Palace of the Dogs' in 'Tightrope' Music Video
Janelle Monae has debuted a music video in companion to her Big Boi-featuring single "Tightrope". Dressed in a tux, the singer makes her way down an empty hall of an asylum and dances "Happy Feet" moves with her entourage.
" 'Tightrope' takes place at the Palace of the Dogs. A lot of the greats were admitted into this place, like Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix, to name a couple," she previously told Rap-Up. "We wanted to keep it raw and funky - just having it in an insane asylum made it that much cooler to me."
The clip was filmed along with a video for her other song "Cold War". She commented on the other clip, "[It] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
Both "Tightrope" and "Cold War" are taken from Janelle Monae's forthcoming debut album "The ArchAndroid" which is due in the U.S. on May 18. The music videos are directed by Wendy Morgan.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'