Janelle Monae Goes to 'Palace of the Dogs' in 'Tightrope' Music Video
Janelle Monae has debuted a music video in companion to her Big Boi-featuring single "Tightrope". Dressed in a tux, the singer makes her way down an empty hall of an asylum and dances "Happy Feet" moves with her entourage.
" 'Tightrope' takes place at the Palace of the Dogs. A lot of the greats were admitted into this place, like Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix, to name a couple," she previously told Rap-Up. "We wanted to keep it raw and funky - just having it in an insane asylum made it that much cooler to me."
The clip was filmed along with a video for her other song "Cold War". She commented on the other clip, "[It] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
Both "Tightrope" and "Cold War" are taken from Janelle Monae's forthcoming debut album "The ArchAndroid" which is due in the U.S. on May 18. The music videos are directed by Wendy Morgan.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'