Janelle Monae Goes to 'Palace of the Dogs' in 'Tightrope' Music Video
Janelle Monae has debuted a music video in companion to her Big Boi-featuring single "Tightrope". Dressed in a tux, the singer makes her way down an empty hall of an asylum and dances "Happy Feet" moves with her entourage.
" 'Tightrope' takes place at the Palace of the Dogs. A lot of the greats were admitted into this place, like Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix, to name a couple," she previously told Rap-Up. "We wanted to keep it raw and funky - just having it in an insane asylum made it that much cooler to me."
The clip was filmed along with a video for her other song "Cold War". She commented on the other clip, "[It] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
Both "Tightrope" and "Cold War" are taken from Janelle Monae's forthcoming debut album "The ArchAndroid" which is due in the U.S. on May 18. The music videos are directed by Wendy Morgan.
Janelle Monae's "Tightrope" music video
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance