'Saturday Night Live' Hires Gabourey Sidibe to Host
Surviving from the lost in Oscars and the harsh criticism from Howard Stern, Gabourey Sidibe takes a step forward in her career by taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live". E! Online heard from a source that the deal is done to have the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on the variety show.
However, her date is not yet revealed. The next three weeks' slots have been filled by Jennifer Lopez, Tina Fey and Ryan Phillippe respectively. This leaves April 24 slot empty and available for Sidibe. MGMT have been confirmed to be the musical act that episode. Meanwhile, Betty White was announced to be the host on May 8.
Gabourey Sidibe has a recurring role on Showtime's "The Big C" as Laura Linney's character's student. The series about cancer survivor will debut in August.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture