'Saturday Night Live' Hires Gabourey Sidibe to Host
Surviving from the lost in Oscars and the harsh criticism from Howard Stern, Gabourey Sidibe takes a step forward in her career by taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live". E! Online heard from a source that the deal is done to have the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on the variety show.
However, her date is not yet revealed. The next three weeks' slots have been filled by Jennifer Lopez, Tina Fey and Ryan Phillippe respectively. This leaves April 24 slot empty and available for Sidibe. MGMT have been confirmed to be the musical act that episode. Meanwhile, Betty White was announced to be the host on May 8.
Gabourey Sidibe has a recurring role on Showtime's "The Big C" as Laura Linney's character's student. The series about cancer survivor will debut in August.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation