'Saturday Night Live' Hires Gabourey Sidibe to Host
Surviving from the lost in Oscars and the harsh criticism from Howard Stern, Gabourey Sidibe takes a step forward in her career by taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live". E! Online heard from a source that the deal is done to have the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on the variety show.
However, her date is not yet revealed. The next three weeks' slots have been filled by Jennifer Lopez, Tina Fey and Ryan Phillippe respectively. This leaves April 24 slot empty and available for Sidibe. MGMT have been confirmed to be the musical act that episode. Meanwhile, Betty White was announced to be the host on May 8.
Gabourey Sidibe has a recurring role on Showtime's "The Big C" as Laura Linney's character's student. The series about cancer survivor will debut in August.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune