'Saturday Night Live' Hires Gabourey Sidibe to Host
Surviving from the lost in Oscars and the harsh criticism from Howard Stern, Gabourey Sidibe takes a step forward in her career by taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live". E! Online heard from a source that the deal is done to have the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on the variety show.
However, her date is not yet revealed. The next three weeks' slots have been filled by Jennifer Lopez, Tina Fey and Ryan Phillippe respectively. This leaves April 24 slot empty and available for Sidibe. MGMT have been confirmed to be the musical act that episode. Meanwhile, Betty White was announced to be the host on May 8.
Gabourey Sidibe has a recurring role on Showtime's "The Big C" as Laura Linney's character's student. The series about cancer survivor will debut in August.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered