'Saturday Night Live' Hires Gabourey Sidibe to Host
Surviving from the lost in Oscars and the harsh criticism from Howard Stern, Gabourey Sidibe takes a step forward in her career by taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live". E! Online heard from a source that the deal is done to have the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on the variety show.
However, her date is not yet revealed. The next three weeks' slots have been filled by Jennifer Lopez, Tina Fey and Ryan Phillippe respectively. This leaves April 24 slot empty and available for Sidibe. MGMT have been confirmed to be the musical act that episode. Meanwhile, Betty White was announced to be the host on May 8.
Gabourey Sidibe has a recurring role on Showtime's "The Big C" as Laura Linney's character's student. The series about cancer survivor will debut in August.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera