Matt and Kim React to Erykah Badu's 'Window Seat' Video
Matt and Kim recently talked to MTV about Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" music video which is inspired by their "Lessons Learned" clip. Matt Johnson said Erykah reached out to them to discuss about her plan before filming the controversial video and he praised her for doing that and even crediting them at the end of the clip.
"She's an artist that I respect and like, and before she made the video I got a call from her and we talked about it for a little bit," he said. "We talked about the bigger picture she saw ... and I definitely respect that she gave us credit by putting our name in her video, rather than just making the video and not giving us credit."
"I think she did the video in the right spirit [that] we talked [about], and it's more than just shock value," he explained more about what is the premise of the clip which could land Erykah in jail. "There was a bigger idea for the whole thing."
"Window Seat" music video is directed by Coodie and Chike of Creative Control. It sees Erykah Badu walking on Dallas street and putting her clothes off one by one before collapsing naked near the spot where John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
It becomes Internet sensation since debuted on March 27 and received mixed reviews. Some consider it offensive, but the others praise it as a great work. The singer herself took it to her Twitter to explain her insight, "So it is true. Being honest CAN get u assassinated. Your character, spirit,& sometimes physically. Interesting. What drives this? Keep dialoging."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March