'American Idol' Sends Home Didi Benami
Didi Benami did not survive both the third week of big stage and the last chance to impress the judges. The 23-year-old from Knoxville, Tennessee was sent packing in R 'n' B week after Simon Cowell and co. refused to use the judges' save to keep her in the competition although the studio audience wanted them to.
Mentored by Usher, Didi sang a rendition of Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" on Tuesday, March 30 night. "It was like swimming in jelly," Cowell said, adding it was over-the-top, old-fashioned and off melody.
Didi was in the bottom three with Tim Urban and Katie Stevens. However, Katie was declared safe from the bottom two, leaving Didi and Tim to find out their fate. It turned out Tim, who was also panned by the judges for his version of Anita Baker's "Sweet Love", has bigger fan base than Didi.
Ruben Studdard, winner of the second season, came to the result show to perform and talk a bit about his tour with Clay Aiken. Later on P. Diddy came on stage to perform with his group Dirty Money. In the middle of the show, Ryan Seacrest announced that the Top 9 will be taking on songs from John Lennon and Paul McCartney catalog next week.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video