'American Idol' Sends Home Didi Benami
Didi Benami did not survive both the third week of big stage and the last chance to impress the judges. The 23-year-old from Knoxville, Tennessee was sent packing in R 'n' B week after Simon Cowell and co. refused to use the judges' save to keep her in the competition although the studio audience wanted them to.
Mentored by Usher, Didi sang a rendition of Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" on Tuesday, March 30 night. "It was like swimming in jelly," Cowell said, adding it was over-the-top, old-fashioned and off melody.
Didi was in the bottom three with Tim Urban and Katie Stevens. However, Katie was declared safe from the bottom two, leaving Didi and Tim to find out their fate. It turned out Tim, who was also panned by the judges for his version of Anita Baker's "Sweet Love", has bigger fan base than Didi.
Ruben Studdard, winner of the second season, came to the result show to perform and talk a bit about his tour with Clay Aiken. Later on P. Diddy came on stage to perform with his group Dirty Money. In the middle of the show, Ryan Seacrest announced that the Top 9 will be taking on songs from John Lennon and Paul McCartney catalog next week.
More American Idol News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3