Ashley Tisdale to Star in 'High School Musical' Spin-Off
One of the original cast of "High School Musical" will get more screen time with a new spin-off which will be premiered in summer 2011. Ashley Tisdale will reprise her diva role as Sharpay Evans in a new original movie called "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure". Tisdale who owns production company Blondie Girl will also serve as the executive producer.
In the TV movie, Sharpay realizes her dream and moves to New York with her pet dog Boi after being discovered by a talent scout. Once there however, Sharpay quickly finds out that making it big in the Big Apple is not as easy as she thought and she has to temper her expectations somewhat if she's going to thrive.
"In Sharpay, Ashley Tisdale brought to life one of the most memorable comedic characters we've seen in years," said Gary Marsh, president of entertainment and chief creative officer for Disney Channels Worldwide in a statement. "This movie captures the absolutely perfect next chapter in Sharpay's life, as she tries to cultivate the humanity buried, deep, deep within her - a challenging and hilarious endeavor."
Joining Tisdale in the production seat are "High School Musical" producers Barry Rosenbush and Bill Borden. They hope this new installment will continue the success of the first two TV movies as well as the theatrical film version "High School Musical 3: Senior Year".
Beside "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure", Disney is also preparing to release "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" in 2011. Featuring whole new cast, it will chronicle "love triangle set against the crosstown school rivalry between the East High Wildcats and the West High Knights."
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does