Justin Bieber's 'My World 2.0' Rules Hot 200, Beating Monica's
As previously predicted, Justin Bieber indeed takes the No. 1 position on Billboard Hot 200 with his new album "My World 2.0". It has sold around 283,000 copies in its opening week, topping another newcomer, Monica's "Still Standing".
This becomes Justin's first chart-topper and best sales week. When he dropped his first album "My World" in November last year, this Canadian singer could only debut at No. 6 with 137,000 copies. But in anticipation of the follow-up, the 2009 record rises to No. 5 this week with 50,000.
Beside blocking his seniors from the top spot, Justin has also broken U.S. record by becoming the youngest solo male artist to reach No. 1 on the country's albums chart since 13-year-old Stevie Wonder topped the list with "Little Stevie Wonder/The 12 Year Old Genius" in 1963.
Back to the chart, Monica's latest album secures the runner-up position. Led by single "Everything to Me", it arrives on the chart with 184,000 copies. The next spot belongs to the latest edition of "Now That's What I Call Music!" compilation featuring hit singles from the likes of Ke$ha, Jason Derulo and Owl City. Last week's champ Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", meanwhile, is forced to drop to the fourth slot. The country music effort shifts 78,000 copies, passing 1.5 million mark in just over two months of release.
Another highest new entry on the chart is "Volume Two". The album from duo She & Him consisting of Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward has pulled in around 47,000 units. The rest of the chart has Ludacris' "Battle of the Sexes" at No. 7 with 45,000, Lady GaGa's "The Fame" at No. 8 with 41,000, Marvin Sapp's "Here I Am" at No. 9 with 39,000 and Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D." rounding up the Top 10 with 34,000 copies.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber
- "Still Standing" - Monica
- "Now That's What I Call Music!" - various artists
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- "My World" - Justin Bieber
- "Volume Two" - She & Him
- "Battle of the Sexes" - Ludacris
- "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- "Here I Am" - Marvin Sapp
- "The E.N.D." - Black Eyed Peas
More Justin Bieber News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose