Will Smith Did Not Sign Up for 'Independence Day' Sequels
Will Smith is not on board to star in the follow-up(s) to "Independence Day". Following report by IESB that the actor is set to reprise his role as Captain Steven Hille in "ID4-ever" and another possible sequel, his representative has denied the news by telling Gossip Cop it is "not true at this time."
However, Cinema Blend insists that the representative's denial does not necessarily mean the projects are scrapped. The site further suggests that the representative's statement hints Smith has not inked a deal but he may be still in talks with the studio to take the job.
IESB which first fueled rumor that Smith is locked for two "Independence Day" sequels also reported that the movies will be shot back-to-back. Words are, the principal photography could start as early as 2011 with Roland Emmerich, who directed the first film, slated to serve as helmer for the upcoming release(s).
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'