Will Smith Did Not Sign Up for 'Independence Day' Sequels
Will Smith is not on board to star in the follow-up(s) to "Independence Day". Following report by IESB that the actor is set to reprise his role as Captain Steven Hille in "ID4-ever" and another possible sequel, his representative has denied the news by telling Gossip Cop it is "not true at this time."
However, Cinema Blend insists that the representative's denial does not necessarily mean the projects are scrapped. The site further suggests that the representative's statement hints Smith has not inked a deal but he may be still in talks with the studio to take the job.
IESB which first fueled rumor that Smith is locked for two "Independence Day" sequels also reported that the movies will be shot back-to-back. Words are, the principal photography could start as early as 2011 with Roland Emmerich, who directed the first film, slated to serve as helmer for the upcoming release(s).
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week