Will Smith Did Not Sign Up for 'Independence Day' Sequels
Will Smith is not on board to star in the follow-up(s) to "Independence Day". Following report by IESB that the actor is set to reprise his role as Captain Steven Hille in "ID4-ever" and another possible sequel, his representative has denied the news by telling Gossip Cop it is "not true at this time."
However, Cinema Blend insists that the representative's denial does not necessarily mean the projects are scrapped. The site further suggests that the representative's statement hints Smith has not inked a deal but he may be still in talks with the studio to take the job.
IESB which first fueled rumor that Smith is locked for two "Independence Day" sequels also reported that the movies will be shot back-to-back. Words are, the principal photography could start as early as 2011 with Roland Emmerich, who directed the first film, slated to serve as helmer for the upcoming release(s).
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC