Will Smith Did Not Sign Up for 'Independence Day' Sequels
Will Smith is not on board to star in the follow-up(s) to "Independence Day". Following report by IESB that the actor is set to reprise his role as Captain Steven Hille in "ID4-ever" and another possible sequel, his representative has denied the news by telling Gossip Cop it is "not true at this time."
However, Cinema Blend insists that the representative's denial does not necessarily mean the projects are scrapped. The site further suggests that the representative's statement hints Smith has not inked a deal but he may be still in talks with the studio to take the job.
IESB which first fueled rumor that Smith is locked for two "Independence Day" sequels also reported that the movies will be shot back-to-back. Words are, the principal photography could start as early as 2011 with Roland Emmerich, who directed the first film, slated to serve as helmer for the upcoming release(s).
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer