Megan Fox Refuses 'Tomb Raider 3' to Avoid Further Angelina Jolie Comparison
It seems that Megan Fox is very bothered to be compared with Angelina Jolie that she skipped a chance to take a big role. Following reports that Fox is the best candidate to play Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider 3", the "Transformers" star is said refusing the job because she does not want people to talk further about her likeness with Jolie, who portrayed Croft in the previous two movies.
"The offer has been on the table for Megan for a while but she's reluctantly turned it down," a movie insider says. "She's the logical choice to play Lara and she loves the character but the comparison with Angelina is too much." Since Fox has turned down the offer, the insider claims it is likely that the upcoming movie "will now star an unknown."
Back in early 2009, after rumor of Megan Fox possibly replacing Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft emerged, a representative for the 23-year-old beauty has dismissed the speculation. "She's not involved in the movie at all," the representative said as quoted by IO9.
"Tomb Raider 3" will serve as the follow-up to successful 2001 "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" and 2003 "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life". Plan to make the third film was first brought into attention in 2006 but no director has been attached to the project yet.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher