Megan Fox Refuses 'Tomb Raider 3' to Avoid Further Angelina Jolie Comparison
It seems that Megan Fox is very bothered to be compared with Angelina Jolie that she skipped a chance to take a big role. Following reports that Fox is the best candidate to play Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider 3", the "Transformers" star is said refusing the job because she does not want people to talk further about her likeness with Jolie, who portrayed Croft in the previous two movies.
"The offer has been on the table for Megan for a while but she's reluctantly turned it down," a movie insider says. "She's the logical choice to play Lara and she loves the character but the comparison with Angelina is too much." Since Fox has turned down the offer, the insider claims it is likely that the upcoming movie "will now star an unknown."
Back in early 2009, after rumor of Megan Fox possibly replacing Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft emerged, a representative for the 23-year-old beauty has dismissed the speculation. "She's not involved in the movie at all," the representative said as quoted by IO9.
"Tomb Raider 3" will serve as the follow-up to successful 2001 "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" and 2003 "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life". Plan to make the third film was first brought into attention in 2006 but no director has been attached to the project yet.
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angeline Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX