Selena Gomez's Wax Figure Officially Debuted at Madame Tussauds
Madame Tussauds in Washington D.C. has officially unveiled the wax figure of Selena Gomez on Tuesday, March 30. Placed in the Glamour room, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star's figure joins those of Jonas Brothers, Madonna, Beyonce Knowles and other celebrities.
For the wax double, Gomez donated her own black BCBG dress and shoes to keep the clothing authentic. The day before the figure was debuted at the wax museum, the 17-year-old has visited Madame Tussauds in Washington to pose alongside her replica.
"The creation of Gomez's figure began late last year when a team of Madame Tussauds studio artists met Gomez for her figure sitting," the museum said in a news release Monday, March 29. "Gomez was an enthusiastic participant in the figure-making process, spending nearly an hour with the studio artists, as they took dozens of measurements and hundreds of photos to ensure her wax likeness would be an exact replica."
Another young star who recently got his wax figure displayed at Madame Tussauds is Robert Pattinson. When the figure was debuted in New York City and in London on March 25, fans swarmed both places to hug their idol's replica and get pictured next to it.
More Selena Gomez News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart