Selena Gomez's Wax Figure Officially Debuted at Madame Tussauds
Madame Tussauds in Washington D.C. has officially unveiled the wax figure of Selena Gomez on Tuesday, March 30. Placed in the Glamour room, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star's figure joins those of Jonas Brothers, Madonna, Beyonce Knowles and other celebrities.
For the wax double, Gomez donated her own black BCBG dress and shoes to keep the clothing authentic. The day before the figure was debuted at the wax museum, the 17-year-old has visited Madame Tussauds in Washington to pose alongside her replica.
"The creation of Gomez's figure began late last year when a team of Madame Tussauds studio artists met Gomez for her figure sitting," the museum said in a news release Monday, March 29. "Gomez was an enthusiastic participant in the figure-making process, spending nearly an hour with the studio artists, as they took dozens of measurements and hundreds of photos to ensure her wax likeness would be an exact replica."
Another young star who recently got his wax figure displayed at Madame Tussauds is Robert Pattinson. When the figure was debuted in New York City and in London on March 25, fans swarmed both places to hug their idol's replica and get pictured next to it.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head