'The Hangover' Cast Sign On for Sequel With Higher Paycheck
As plan for making "The Hangover 2" has moved forward, the cast have just been confirmed to return to the sequel. According to Deadline Hollywood, Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms have inked a deal which gives them a pay raise.
The three lead actors reportedly will each be paid in the vicinity of $5 million against 4% of first dollar gross. This is much higher than the amount the trio earned from the first movie since they only got less than $1 million collectively. Cooper is said receiving the highest paycheck among the three for "The Hangover", but it was not more than $300,000.
Director/producer Todd Phillips has also been sealed to work on "The Hangover 2". He will be paid around $10 million against 10%, Deadline Hollywood further claims.
So far, there have been talks about where the second film will be shot, but Phillips has not confirmed it yet. "It's been talked about, but that's not yet definite," he said when asked whether the upcoming comedy will be filmed in Miami. However, he did admit that he is looking forward to shooting the film in early November this year for Memorial Day 2011 release in the U.S.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival