Will Smith Locked for Two 'Independence Day' Sequels
Since late 2009, there have been talks that 1996 "Independence Day" will get a sequel titled "ID4-ever" with Will Smith expected to reprise his role as Captain Steven Hille. While he has not confirmed the news yet, the actor is now reported set to appear in not only one but two sequels for the sci-fi movie.
According to IESB, the "Independence Day" sequel(s) is closer to happening than ever before with plan to shoot them back-to-back. Sources also told the site that the principal photography could start as early as 2011.
It is not known whether the two movies will be released within six months apart like the "Matrix" movies or they will have a year gap like "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels. Roland Emmerich who directed the first film is slated to serve as helmer for the upcoming release(s).
"Independence Day" tells the story of a hostile alien invasion of Earth and focuses on a disparate group of individuals and families as they coincidentally converge in the Nevada desert and, along with the rest of the human population, participate in a last-chance retaliation on July 4. Receiving positive rating in general, the sci-fi became the highest-grossing film of 1996 with worldwide revenue of $817 million.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'