Video Premiere: Cypress Hill's 'Rise Up' Feat. Tom Morello
Cypress Hill have debuted a music video for their new single "Rise Up". The band are seen performing the song in front of black, white and red graffiti graphics along with their featured guest Rage Against the Machine's guitarist Tom Morello.
"We did the bulk of it [the album], but after we got halfway, we said, 'Let's try some different things'," the band's member B-Real told AOL. "We thought we should try collaborating with Tom Morello, which was a natural fit. We reached out and he gave us two great tracks."
"After that, we thought, 'Well, shoot, Tom gave us great stuff, so let's reach out to more people to get something raw like that.' That's when we reached out to Daron [Malakian] from System of a Down," he continued. "We got our stuff out of the way and then went to the other guys to see what kind of vibe they could add to what we already had going on."
"Rise Up" is taken from Cypress Hill's soon-to-be-released eighth studio album of the same name, "Rise Up" which is due for April 20 U.S. release. Young Dre, Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, Marc Anthony and Pitbull are their collaborators in this effort.
Cypress Hill's "Rise Up" music video
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake