Adam Lambert Announced as 2010 GLAAD Performer
It is official, Adam Lambert is going to perform at The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. He will sing at the April 17 ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
"GLAAD has advocated for out music artists, including myself, and I am proud to be part of the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards this year," the singer said. "GLAAD's work to share stories that grow acceptance and understanding about the gay and transgender community is so important in our culture today."
Beside listed as a performer, Adam Lambert is also nominated for Outstanding Music Artist. The "American Idol" alum is competing against Lady GaGa, Brandi Carlile, The Gossip and Otep.
Three separate ceremonies are held to elevate and promote fair, accurate and inclusive stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues, and recognize people as well as allies that have increased awareness, understanding and respect for the lives of LGBT people. The first one took place on March 13 in New York and the third one will be conducted on June 5 at San Fransisco's The Westin St. Francis.
This year's special honorees of the event are Drew Barrymore who will be honored with Vanguard Award and Cynthia Nixon who will be handed with Vito Russo Award.
More Adam Lambert News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says