Adam Lambert Announced as 2010 GLAAD Performer
It is official, Adam Lambert is going to perform at The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. He will sing at the April 17 ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
"GLAAD has advocated for out music artists, including myself, and I am proud to be part of the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards this year," the singer said. "GLAAD's work to share stories that grow acceptance and understanding about the gay and transgender community is so important in our culture today."
Beside listed as a performer, Adam Lambert is also nominated for Outstanding Music Artist. The "American Idol" alum is competing against Lady GaGa, Brandi Carlile, The Gossip and Otep.
Three separate ceremonies are held to elevate and promote fair, accurate and inclusive stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues, and recognize people as well as allies that have increased awareness, understanding and respect for the lives of LGBT people. The first one took place on March 13 in New York and the third one will be conducted on June 5 at San Fransisco's The Westin St. Francis.
This year's special honorees of the event are Drew Barrymore who will be honored with Vanguard Award and Cynthia Nixon who will be handed with Vito Russo Award.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist